Cloud Control Solutions, Inc. (“Cloud Control”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to safeguarding the personal data that we collect and retain about you. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose the information we collect about you when you interact with our website located at www.ecloudcontrol.com (“Site”) or use products, services, desktop and mobile apps, and other tools offered by Cloud Control (collectively with the Site, our “Services”). This Privacy Notice also explains your choices and rights have regarding your personal information.
1. What Information We Collect and How We Collect it
Information You Provide Directly
The types of personal information we collect directly from you will vary based on how you you interact with our Services, which may include:
- When you contact us through our “Contact Us” form on the Site, or send us an email, we will collect your full name, email address, phone number and any other information you voluntarily provide us in the content of your message.
- When you participate in Cloud Control events including online programs, workshops, webinars, conferences, research or evaluations, we will collect your full name, employer information, email address, phone number and any other information you voluntarily provide us.
- When you request products (including beta programs), services or information, we will collect your full name, employer information, email address, phone number and any other information you voluntarily provide us.
It is your choice whether or not to provide this information to Cloud Control, however, if you choose not to provide this information, we may not be able to provide you with the Service you are requesting.
Information About You From Publicly Available Sources
We also collect personal information about you from publicly or generally available sources, such as social media sites, public and online websites, open databases, and data in the public domain. When required by applicable law, we will notify you about these activities.
Some our Services require payment. You must be 18 or older to authorize a purchase through our Services.
Information Automatically Collected Through Your Use of the Site
We may automatically collect non-personally identifiable information about you—such as an IP address, device type, device ID, Internet service provider, general location information, page views, a date/time stamp, browser type, referring/exit URLs, search terms used on our Site, operating system, and similar device and usage information— when you visit our Site. For more information, see the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
2. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Some of the most common cookies, that we use on our Site are cookies set by Google Analytics (_ga, _gat, _gid, ) The purposes of these cookies are for analyzing and testing. They are used to register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how you use the Site. The length of time that a cookie remains on your device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies our Site uses are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
Your browser may allow you to set a “Do Not Track” preference. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals.
3. How We Use Your Information
We only use your personal information where applicable law allows us to as described below:
- When we process your information in relation to, or to facilitate the provision of our Services, we do so in order to provide the services you are requesting. With respect to European residents, the lawful basis for our processing is that it is necessary to perform contractual obligations to you.
- When we automatically collect information through your use of the Site, including through cookies to help us understand and analyze trends in connection with usage of the Services. With respect to European residents, the lawful basis for our processing is our legitimate business interest to better understand how our Services are being used, which is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- When we process your information to communicate with you about Cloud Control and its service offerings (unless you have indicated to us that you do not wish to receive such information) we do so to provide you with information about us and our services that you may be interested in. With respect to European residents, the lawful basis for our processing is our legitimate interests, namely, to provide you with information marketing our Services. Please see section 10 regarding your choices and right to opt out of Cloud Control’s marketing messages.
- We may also process your information to meet our other compliance and regulatory duties, for example to retain certain records. With respect to European residents, the lawful basis for our processing is that such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Cloud Control is subject.
We do not disclose your contact information to third-parties for their marketing purposes.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may also use anonymous, de-identified, or aggregate information that does not reasonably identify you for any purpose.
No Sale of Personal Information for California and Nevada Residents
Cloud Control does not sell your personal information under California or Nevada law, which defines certain disclosures of personal data for monetary or valuable consideration as “sales.”
4. Who We May Share Your Information With
In general, we only share your information as follows:
- To Our Service Providers: we may share your information with third parties who provide services to us or to whom we outsource certain services, such as website analytics companies, hosting and cloud computing service providers, and payment processors. Our service providers only access, process or store your information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transactions: we may share your information in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of certain of our ownership interests, assets, or both, or other corporate change, including without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- As Required By Law: we may share your information when we are required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process, or in response to lawful requests by public authorities.
If we would like to use your personal information for any purposes other than those described, or as otherwise permitted under applicable law, we will obtain your prior consent.
5. Children’s Information
Our Site and Services are designed for adults aged 18 and over. We do not knowingly process personal data of any under 16, and should we become aware that any personal data is stored regarding a child under 16, we will follow our internal processes to delete this data in accordance with your data protection rights as soon as is reasonably possible.
6. Hyperlinks on Our Services
Our Services may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by others whose information practices may be different than ours. You should consult the privacy notices of any other website they are redirected to from our Services as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
7. Keeping Your Information Secure
We use reasonable, standard administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of your information. However, no method of Internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
In general, we will only retain your information for the time necessary to realize our legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law. Because these needs can vary for different data types, the context of our interactions with you or your use of products, actual retention periods can vary significantly but in most instances, we do not retain your information for more than 7 years from the date our relationship with you ends. We may retain your information in order to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with our Services or to comply with legal obligations. We may also maintain residual copies of your personal information in our backup systems.
9. Storage and Processing of UK, Swiss and European Personal Information in the U.S.
Cloud Control is a global company that operates primarily from, the United States and India. If you are located in the UK, Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA), please note that as part of our service, we may transfer your personal information to other regions, including to the United States and India. These countries may not guarantee the same level of protection for personal information and judicial redress as the country in which you reside. We protect our transfers out of the UK, Switzerland or the EEA with approved legal safeguards that may include Standard Contractual Clauses (adjusted to address transfers from the UK). If you are accessing or using our Services, we may transfer your personal information outside of the UK, Switzerland or the EEA, ensuring appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information. If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the appropriate safeguards Cloud Control has in place to protect your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Your Choices and Rights
You have several choices regarding the use and disclosure of your information:
- Information You Provide. With respect to the collection of your information, if you do not want your information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted information and would like to review, correct or remove it from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marketing Messages. We may send you marketing communications, about our services that may interest you. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail or contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications relating to services we are providing you, sales transactions, software updates and other support related information, patches and fixes.
- Cookies. If you wish to disable cookies, you can set your browser not to accept cookies as described in the section entitled “Cookies and Similar Technologies.”
Rights for Nevada Residents
In addition, if you are a resident of Nevada, you may have the right to opt out of the sale of certain categories of personal information. As of the effective date of this Privacy Notice, we do not sell any type of information covered by that law. However, if you are a Nevada resident who would like to opt-out of any future sale of your information in the unlikely event we change our practices, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request must include your full name, street address, city, state, zip code, and an email address so that we can contact you if needed to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request.
Rights for UK, Swiss and European Residents
In addition, if you are a resident of the UK, Swiss and European, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access. Request access to the personal data that we collect and retain about you and request information in relation to its processing.
- Right to Rectification. Have the personal data that we collect and retain about you corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. Request the personal data that we collect and retain about you be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances. For example, if Cloud Control is using your personal data on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your personal data be deleted when you withdraw your consent.
- Right to Restriction of Processing. If you believe the personal data that we collect and retain about you is inaccurate, unlawful, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal data, you also have the right to instruct us to restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
- Right to Data Portability. Obtain a transferable copy of some of the personal data that we collect and retain about you which can be transferred to another provider when the personal data was processed based on your consent.
- Right to Object. Object to Cloud Control’s processing of your personal data based on Cloud Control’s legitimate interest or legal and regulatory obligations as further set out the section entitled “How We Use Your Information,” which Cloud Control will review as to whether we have a prevailing interest or legal and regulatory obligations in processing your personal data.
In addition, if we process any of your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without penalty.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your personal data in violation of the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
11. Changes and Updates
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, and we will make such updates available on our Site. Please review our Privacy Notice periodically for changes. If we make material changes, we will endeavor to provide advance notice of such by email or through a notice on our Services.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact details below:
Cloud Control Solutions, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
1600 Providence Highway
Walpole, Massachusetts 02081